Last updated: 01-31-2024
By voluntarily providing us with your personal information through the use of the Services, you are consenting to the collection, use, transfer, storage, processing and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use this Site and/or provide us with any of your personal information.
This Policy is provided in layered format for ease of access. Click on the table of contents to jump to a specific section
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
- NOTICE AND CONSENT
- HOW WE MAY COLLECT, USE AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACCURACY, ACCESS, CORRECTION AND WITHDRAWAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COOKIES AND LOG DATA
- INFORMATION SECURITY/STORAGE INFORMATION
- DATA RETENTION
- PERSONAL INFORMATION USED BY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- AGE OF MAJORITY
- CONTACT US
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual.
We may collect or obtain the following types of information:
Information we collect directly
- Information provided to us when you create an account, or fill in one of our personal information forms, “Contact Us” or “More Information” forms or any other forms with the same effect. This information may include your name, phone number, email address and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- Information provided to us using real estate searches and/or preferences and other information related to purchasing, leasing, and/or renting real estate.
- Information provided to us as part of a realtor application, including your name, contact information, education and work history, CV and any other information you chose to provide us at this time.
General usage data
- When you use our Site, we may also collect your Internet Protocol address, information about the date, time and duration of your visit and features you use on our Site. Cookies, Log Data and Google Analytics
- When you use our Services, we collect certain information about your activity, as described below under “Cookies and Log Data”.
NOTICE AND CONSENT
We generally obtain consent from individuals regarding the purpose for the collection, use, disclosure or transfer of personal information before, or at any time that we collect the personal information, except as required or otherwise permitted by law.
Except in limited circumstances, the consent of an individual may be withdrawn at any time by providing us with reasonable notice. You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that the withdrawal of consent may restrict our ability to provide our Services.
HOW WE MAY USE AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, use and/or disclose certain information that you voluntarily give us directly or permit others to give us.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- To create, process and maintain your account and to provide you with notices about changes to our Services;
- To communicate with you about listings that may be of interest to you and to answer your questions when you communicate with us directly;
- We may provide personal information you provide to us to our affiliates and/or parent company for the purpose of providing services as noted in this Site.
- To third party service providers we use to support our operations such as analytics that assist us with improving our Services, data processing and storage, document retention, social media, financial services and/or communications. We authorize service providers to use or disclose this information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf;
- We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that would be applicable to our business and/or services. Should you wish to withdraw your consent from this communication, please follow directions to “unsubscribe” or to remove your information from our contact list;
- In the event of a real or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of our assets, in which personal information about our users is among the assets transferred;
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to protect our rights and as permitted or required by law; and
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information.
ACCURACY, ACCESS, CORRECTION AND WITHDRAWAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on you to keep us informed if your personal information has changed.
You may request to modify, correct or access the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us via the mailing address listed below or via email to email@example.com.
You can withdraw your consent at any time to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual obligations and reasonable notice to us. Upon withdrawal of your consent, we may no longer be able to provide you with the Services and/or communicate with you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
INFORMATION SECURITY/STORAGE INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps, using technical, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information in our care. The data that we collect is encrypted and stored in servers that only authorized personnel have access to on a need-to-know basis.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to use reasonable precautions to protect personal information in our care, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymized information for any legitimate operational purpose without further notice to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USED BY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
From time to time, we may include links to third party websites which are not controlled or maintained by us. We are not responsible for personal information submitted by you to third party websites or the personal information collected by third party websites. You should review the privacy policies of third party websites or contact the third party website’s operator if you have questions or concerns.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer your personal information to third parties who provide services to us (for example data storage providers) including those who are situated outside of the jurisdiction where you reside. This means that we may transfer personal information that we maintain about you to recipients in other provinces or countries other than where the information was originally collected. The data protection and privacy laws in those jurisdictions may offer a lower level of protection than the data protection and privacy laws of your jurisdiction. By using our Services, you acknowledge that such transfers of information outside of your jurisdiction of residency may occur.
AGE OF MAJORITY
The Site and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 14. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete such personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us as set forth below.
We may change this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion, so please be sure to check back periodically. You can tell if this Policy has been updated by checking the last updated date which appears at the top of this page. We may, but are not obligated, to provide you with notice in case of any material changes made to this Policy. You should not continue using our Services if you do not agree with the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Any changes will be effective only after the effective date of the change and will not affect any dispute arising prior to the effective date of the change.
Should you have any questions about this Policy or any matter relating herein, please contact our Privacy Officer at:By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 1980 Notre-Dame O., Montréal QC, H3J 1M8